Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sunday night date?

So as I left you in the soap opera that was my weekend, I headed down to Richmond (the new hot bed of college basketball - Go Spiders!). A fabulous engagement party (where I answered a few questions about the blog - it was good to get the feedback and thoughts). And Sunday morning I was back on the road again home in order to get myself together for date #2 with A.

I have to say I was nervous. First dates for me are easy. There's really no pressure. You barely know this guy. So you dress casual but cute, go to a bar, you have a drink (or 2), talk for awhile and you pretty much know if you'd like to have another within an hour or so. I have gone of lots of first dates (and lots of them ended with radio silence), but this was a 2nd date. And it was on a Sunday. I'm still not sure if I've ever gone on a Sunday night date. What do I wear? What will we talk about? The afternoon before the date, my head felt like it was going a mile a minute. So what do I do to prepare - one of my favorite activities, nap. It calms me. And I knew I might be more charming with one.

So I actually figured out my outfit pretty quickly and got ready. And pretty much on the dot, he picked me up (yes I was nervously busying myself in my living room/kitchen).

The restaurant couldn't seat us right away so we sat at the bar and had a drink. We eased right back into conversation. The meal went great. Our poor waitress was getting the full extent of both of our sarcasm and she didn't even realize it. We headed back to the bar after a long dinner. This time we talked mostly about his job and family. He has alot of great stories from his job. I was charming (the nap worked). After a few hours, we realized we were pretty much the last people in the restaurant and headed out. He had to work early in the AM and I had the gym. So back to my house, a quick chat/goodbye in the driveway and I bounded back up the stairs into my house.

The only thing about the date was I really wanted him to kiss me at the end. And he didn't. I got another hug and kiss on the cheek. I tried to give all the right signals, but I didn't have enough huevos to make it happen myself. So I was a bit worried that night that he wasn't feeling it as much as I was (and I became more worried when he stopped texting me mid-conversation the next day). But we talked last night on the phone and date number 3 is in the works for the weekend.

So I guess I better make my kiss happen this weekend. Sometimes a girl just has to do what a girl has to do.

No comments: