Saturday, April 2, 2011

Being Introduced

It's Saturday morning. Teen Mom is on. Love that show. What these girls are thinking? I don't know, but life gets alot harder later on even if you don't have a kid. But I can't stop watching (and sometimes yelling at the TV).

So today I want to talk about introducing someone to your friends and family. Is there a magical or typical time? Do people just do it when it feels right? Is it really that big of a deal? (OK - it is still a big deal to meet parents - at least in my book).

I can still tell you the exact words my father used in high school when he wanted to meet the guys I dated in high school. It was in the form of a question, but it was a demand. "So when am I going to meet this boy?" equalled you better put this boy in front of me before he takes you out again. When those words were spoken, I just physically cringed. But I obeyed.

I've been thinking about this because it seems that tomorrow I'm meeting A's sister and her husband. We are going to go to dinner with them tomorrow. When he first texted me about it, I didn't think anything of it. We've talked about her before. He's very close to both his brother and sister. But now that I've had 24 hours to digest, I'm getting alittle nervous. This is only date number 4. I've just been introduced to his dog. He hasn't been inside my house. This seems like a big step. What does it mean? What's our status? I don't even know what to wear? I wasn't even considering introducing him to my siblings. He did get introduced to one of my co-workers last date - but it was just an introduction.

As usual, I'm just going to have wing it. As with this whole thing....


No comments: