Monday, May 16, 2011

A Twist and Turn

My mind has been churning for the less than 24 hours. Last night, my little journey took a twist and a turn. I don't know how temporary or permanent this twist is, but it's a journey so we'll see.

So here's what happened. I was out celebrating a friend's birthday. Throughout the years, she's introduced me to many of her friends that I know most of them by name and a little bit about them. Some more than others. I still remember the night she introduced me to the guy that will be come her husband in September.

Anyway, we were celebrating - a few beers among her friends in a bar. I ended up staying out late for me on a work night (way past my 10 PM bed time). So I had talked to a few people I knew but as I went around the table, I left my purse on the original chair.

So back I went to collect my purse and a friend of hers was sitting in the chair. No biggie. I knew him - nice guy. He started asking me about my blog. I was like yeah - you should definitely read it. I'll email you the website. So I emailed it to him. And then he's like we should go out. And I should caveat here - that he's a jokester and sarcastic. So I thought he was joking. But he wasn't. He was serious I realized in a few minutes. I agreed to the date and we picked a day. And it really started to sink in that he had just asked me out and he was serious. I think I was in disbelief - he really is always joking and saying something smart.

So on the way home, I realized. Oh crap - he had access to my blog!! How can I write about him in the blog?!? And people who know him already read the blog!! It's like having an theater critic at the performance.

But I realized he already knew about the blog and if he was going to ask me about it and still ask me out, then it was fair game to write about him and our dates. He can choose to read the posts or not. Having never been in the situation of putting my dates in print and having the date and his friends read them, I don't know if this is a good thing or not. So I'm going to have to feel this one out as I go along. So if I'm vague or go out of order, please play along. I promise I'll tell you as much as I can.

Oh and FYI, I did tell him on the date that I was going to write about him. And actually he told me he had forgotten that I had even sent him the web address to the blog (doh - why did I have to ask?). So who knows what he's read or what he hasn't, but he said it was fine to write about him. All is fair in love and war.

Note: Thank you to the others of you who have sent me emails on the last series of posts on lightning bolts and animals (ok, chemistry). Your insights are amazing. I read and ponder all your thoughts. It has helped me validate and question what I've been doing. Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow!

No comments: