Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I looked good...

For once on a Saturday I looked good. I looked like one of those girls who just looks effortlessly comfortable on a Saturday afternoon. And it only cost me $147 to get my hair cut and colored that morning. And remembering the week before to wash my favorite jeans of all time ( from J. Crew) - yes I bought my first pair of big girl expensive jeans (ie. over $100).

Anyway, so I just played it with F that we would talk on Friday or Saturday and figure out the plan for our lunch or coffee date on Saturday. So at the hair salon at 9, I texted him to see if he was still up for it. Two hours later (I know not everyone gets up as early as I do - and that was sleeping in for me), he texts me. He just got up but strangely is ready to go...

I'm like hold on - you live what I would think would be 45 minutes away from me and you just got up and you want to meet in like a half hour?? So we compromised and decided to meet at The Cheesecake Factory in a mall in between our houses.

Oh and he has a funny voice - it's pretty high for a guy.

So we met. He seemed nice. Had a nice smile. He was tall and athletic. We sat down and started talking. I notice that he's wearing a tee-shirt that says "Jesus didn't tap out". OK? Way to put that out there...

We talk about bad dates we've been on. I tell him about the night before. He has some good stories. He seems cool. He's been to some fun places. He practices martial arts and is into healthy eating.

We finished eating and we had a natural break for the door. It was a nice time. He walked me to the car. And then, it started....

No comments: