Monday, June 13, 2011

Crisis Averted...Safety first.

Last night, I was having the weirdest dream. I dreamt I was skydiving willingly - just swan diving into the great blue sky with this awesome sense of calm. This was after I had been afraid and didn't want to do it prior. Quick - what does this mean? (I used to be into dream analysis when I was in middle school - we'd go to the bookstore in the mall and look stuff up in the dictionaries).

Anyway, as I was swan diving, I suddenly woke up, because I had this flash of reality and dread hit my brain. Earlier in the day, I had committed to doing something that could be very dangerous (according to the reporters of Dateline or 20/20). "I" had asked me to dinner at his condo in the city earlier in the day and I had agreed. And suddenly, it hit me at 2 o'clock in the AM amid a beautiful uplifting dream that I had just done something that could end up very badly. Why would I willingly go to some guy's condo (who I had only met for about 2 hours the day before and whose last name I didn't even know) on a second date? I'm sure nothing would happen but it did suddenly feel very unsafe.

So I lay there for a few minutes and thought about how I would get out of this. I was willing to look like a total nutjob. And then I remembered I'll see my personal trainer in the AM and he'll help me fix it.

So I tell him my issue and he immediately tells me what to text to "I". A late meeting so let's meet in a happening area between his house and my office and offer to pay. I text it around 11 to him...that a late meeting has come up and let's just meet in between. Guess what? It works!! Like a charm! Phew! (This kid is good!)

I don't know why I think it would be unsafe, but just call me extra cautious. It was the one Dateline I caught recently about Match.com violence. I just couldn't take that chance and if something bad happened, live with going against my intuition.

I really use my gut in this whole process; so it was better to look like a crazy person than risk going against it now.

No comments: